For the past 20 years, Jeff has worked with and improved the tennis specific footwork efficiency and physical conditioning levels of touring pros, junior grand slam champions, world junior age group champions, national champions (from the United States and many other countries), and has worked alongside several of the top developmental coaches in the world.
Jeff Drock’s credentials include a Master’s Degree in Sport Behavior and Performance, certification as a National Strength and Conditioning Association-Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (Gold Standard in the Strength and Conditioning Field), is a Tennis Strength and Conditioning Specialist through Etcheberry Performance, and possesses many other credentials that make him look darn good on paper.
Jeff has the unique ability to quickly understand the tennis specific footwork and physical conditioning strengths, weaknesses, capabilities, and needs of each individual player and improve their tennis specific physicality in the quickest and safest ways possible.
Jeff Drock MS, CSCS Bulletpoint Bio
- Played Tennis for #2 NAIA Ranked University of North Florida for Coach of the Year Leo Vorwerk
- Inducted into the University of North Florida Athletics Hall of Fame for Tennis
- Assistant Tennis Coach for MAC Champion Men’s Team Miami University (Oxford, Ohio)
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology from the University of North Florida
- Masters Degree in Sport Behavior and Performance from Miami University (Oxford, Ohio) *Emphasis on Sports Psychology and Exercise Science
- Relevant Graduate School Coursework (Physiological and Motoric aspects of Sport and Exercise, Biomechanics, Anatomy and Kinesiology, Children and Youth in Sport, Foundations of Sport Psychology, Applied Sports Psychology, Studies in Exercise Behavior)
- As a Graduate student, Studied Mental Strength Training at Miami University while under the direct guidance of Dr. Robert S. Weinberg who was past president of The Association for the Advancement of Applied Sports Psychology (AAASP), Editor and Author of “Foundation of Sport and Exercise Psychology” Graduate School Textbook, Editor of the “Journal of Applied Sports Psychology” and author of “The Mental Advantage” (for tennis). I was also under the direct guidance of Olympic Certified Sports Psychologist Dr. Robin Vealey who was editor of “The Sport Psychologist” professional journal and Past-President of (AAASP). Dr. Vealey is currently is on the editorial boards of the “International Journal of Sport and Exercise Psychology” and the “International Journal of Sport Sciences”
- Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS) National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) since 2001 (This is the certification that all of the strength and conditioning coaches who work for professional sports teams in the United States possess.)
- Certified Fitness Adviser-Cooper Aerobics Institute
- Functional Training Specialist-Institute of Human Performance
- Gold Certified Fitness Specialist-Life Fitness
- Member of South Florida Sport Science Professionals Association
- Founder and President of The Home Fitness Professionals Association
- Tennis Strength and Conditioning Specialist-Etcheberry Performance
- Tennis Specific Fitness trainer 20+ years for world-ranked junior, collegiate, and professional tennis players.
- Conducted high performance fitness testing for the United States Tennis Association with Director of Physical Conditioning Barrett Bugg and Director of Sport Science Bill Aronsen
- Authored several articles pertaining to strength and conditioning for tennis that have been published in national and international tennis publications and on websites; including Florida Tennis Magazine and on Juniortennis.com (no longer exists)
- Fitness Consultant and fitness expert for the Physical fitness chapter of “Raising Big Smiling Tennis Kids” A Complete Roadmap For Every Parent and Coach
- Wrote All Exercise Descriptions for “Tennis Safe” by Jim Martz (2015)
- Head/Penn Advisory Staff Member